The Dispute Resolution lawyers advise businesses on how to resolve their disputes:
- On commercially advantageous terms
- Quickly, so as not to interfere with the day-to-day running of the business
- Cost effectively
- With finality
The lawyers also advise on other situations that present a risk to the business. In circumstances where a dispute has not yet arisen but a liability is within contemplation, sensible strategic advice at an early stage can minimise risk or in some circumstances remove it completely.
Strategic advice is given outside or within a formal dispute resolution process. Our team of lawyers is experienced in dealing with disputes in a number of different dispute resolution forums.
The common thread that defines our team’s specialisation is the management and compromise of risk. The factual context in which the need for advice arises will vary. A description of the types of work we routinely undertake can be found under the ‘Types of work’ menu option. These lists are intended to be a helpful indication of the more commonly encountered cases but our lawyers' skills are transferable and will be of application in other types of business. Each case is different.
We also recognise that personalities are hugely important. We try to ensure that advice is given by a lawyer within the team who will relate well to you as an individual and your business. All our team members possess the personal attributes that allow us to deliver solutions in the best possible way.
Finally, Dispute Resolution Team is ranked by Chambers & Partners 2012. This independent legal guide:-
- Describes us as a “very strong team” of “dynamic individuals” that attracts “high praise from clients and peers alike”
- Affords us special recognition for our client service and commercial awareness describing us as “very responsive and pragmatic”
- Ranks Rebecca Tinham, who heads the team, as a leader in her field reporting that she “receives high praise from sources as a litigator who is “tenacious and forthright”, “very commercial and constructive” and who is “willing to front up to the opposition”.
When we recruit for our Dispute Resolution team we make sure that we retain lawyers:
- Who are passionate about what they do and committed to doing it well
- Who are able to analyse both factual and legal positions quickly and thoroughly
- Who are not frightened to ‘pin their colours to the mast’ and will support you through difficult times and express a clear view to assist you in your decision making